VMware Horizon 6 (View) Firewall and Network Ports Visualized | VMware Consulting Blog – VMware Blogs
Key Firewall Considerations for VMware Horizon 6
- TCP 8472: View interpod API (Cloud Pod Architecture) – NEW
- TCP 22389: Global ADLDS (Cloud Pod Architecture) – NEW
- HTTPS (443): Horizon Client access, authentication and RDP tunnel (HTTPS Secure Gateway)
- HTTPS (8443): Used by HTML Access (Blast)
- TCP 9427 (not shown): Used by Windows multimedia redirection (MMR)
- TCP 32111: USB Redirection
- ESP (Protocol 50) used for Security Server and Connection Server IPSEC communication (requires Windows firewall with Advanced Security to be enabled)
- UDP 500: IPsec negotiation for Security Server and Connection Server communication and pairing.
For a full list of network ports please refer to the latest Horizon 6 documentation: https://www.vmware.com/support/pubs/view_pubs.html
You’ll notice the addition of VIPA (View inter-pod API) and ADLDS port 22389 which are both used for Cloud Pod Architecture. Bear in mind that between your View Pods, you will still require the usual Active Directory ports.